Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Toughest Job You'll Ever Love

They say parenting is the toughest job you'll ever love. I do have to agree with that, but it seems now a days it's been even harder. I absolutely love being able to stay at home and raise my two year old son. He is the greatest thing to ever happen to me. But it was tough going from an on-the-go marketing manager to stay-at-home-mommy.

My son is getting more independent every day which started leaving me with a little sense of uselessness. Although he obviously still needs me, I also needed to feel more productive and have a greater sense of self-worth. I decided it was time to fulfill a lifelong dream of owning my own business. Thus, Designer Favors was born.

I started this project about 2-1/2 years ago before he was born but it quickly got put on hold with all of the demands of a newborn. In the past month I've really started to back into my business. I found a wonderful site called etsy which I believe is the best platform for my products. I've also found it very difficult to get things rolling. Fun, but difficult.

I never dreamed I would be keeping up a daily upkeep on Etsy, Facebook, Twitter, this blog and my own website. And I thought raising a two year old was tough! Which leads me back to the title of this post. Which is the toughest job you'll ever love? Your child or your "other child". Both require an enormous amount of nurturing, care and hard work. Although I am still in the beginning stages of my business, I can see this child will be as successful and rewarding as my real flesh and blood. In the end, I have to say my son is the toughest job that I absolutely love, but Designer Favors is a not too distant second!




1 comment: